Cue the drums! The fireworks! The bated breaths and hands ready to clap! Because– [Insert pause for dramatic effect] –epic announcement: I’m doing a blog collaboration with 9 other awesome bloggers! 🎊🎉🎈🎊🎉🎈🎊🎉🎈
(And no, this isn’t the reason why I was so busy last week, but it does add a little to it. 😅)
What is Collaboration with a Purpose?
While each one of us bloggers may have a different topic, style and reason(s) for blogging, we all wish to do one thing – to reach people. ❤
That’s why in Collaboration with a Purpose, 10 of us bloggers are getting together to bring you this themed collaboration. We pick a day, and when that day comes by, all of us will publish a post on the same day on the same theme! (Time may vary according to time zones. Hey, we need to sleep too!)
Why the same theme? Because for a single theme, you get 10 different stories and takes on it. We want to reach people, and to let people know that they’re not the only one going through what they’re going through. Also because I think it’s fun. 😆
The topic for this round is loss. Loss is a pretty general topic – it could be a loss of sense, of movement, of a relationship, of a loved one, of self, of a wallet to a thief – really anything goes. Because in our world, nothing is permanent, therefore loss is inevitable and everyone goes through it at least once. Or many times.
So where’s the story, you ask?
Well, you know how all those cinemas show you a dramatic movie trailer, making you all excited and jittery and wondering when it’s coming soon, only to see the words “COMING SOON” at the end? Yep, I’m going to do the same right now:
COLLABORATION WITH A PURPOSE: LOSS
Of course, when I say soon, I really mean soon! I won’t make you wait months and months like the movie trailers. 😆
And here’s the list of bloggers taking part, in alphabetical order! I also added little excerpts from their blogs that really caught my eye and will hopefully whet your interest enough to visit their blogs too. 😀
- Addison D’Marko (“If you want to achieve complete happiness one of the things you are going to have to do is care less. By this I mean stop putting so much thought into the things that do not matter.”)
- Ajibola Sunday @ Inspirational Motivation (“The true definition of success is being happy and living up to your potentials.“)
- Altea Addison @ Altea Addison is Writing (“Much like the first draft of a novel, I’m a work in progress. Incidentally, I’m working on my first novel. One page at the time.”)
- Barb Caffrey @ Brab Caffrey’s Blog (“So, if you believe in any sort of Higher Power, one of the things you need to remember is to forgive yourself once in a while.”)
- Ipuna Black (“None of us are perfect or come from perfect backgrounds, but this doesn’t mean we can’t aim for a positive and fulfilling life. The life we all deserve.”)
- Jane Love @ Harmonious Joy (“People who have a genuine say and a true voice of their own… not just an echo of some celebrity they think they love.”)
- Jothish Joseph @ TheJothishJosephBlog (“Anybody can write “Extra” before “ordinary” but only people of courage dare to earn it…”)
- Sadaf Siddiqi @ HeartAttachSite (“I believe that countries are jigsaw pieces, which when placed correctly, complete the puzzle and create a beautiful world.”)
- Tajwar Fatma @ LifeAsWeHaveNeverKnownIt (“When life hits you hard, hit back harder!”)
- And of course myself, Nicolle K @ Stories of a Highly Sensitive Introvert! I’ll also post a little excerpt from this blog post from a month ago; wow, time flies! (“Success, for me, is when I spend my days feeling happy, peaceful, fulfilled and without fear of lack. 😊”)
Edited to add: Or you could head over to my Collaboration with a Purpose Index to view all the themes we’ve completed so far!
Hope you’ll look forward to reading our themed posts when they’re out!
A Short Self-Compassionate Letter
Wow, it’s really incredible to see you going out of your comfort zone and collaborating with other bloggers like this! I know you’ve felt sad and disappointed when past writing collaboration endeavours didn’t work out, so that makes this all the more incredible. This looks really promising, and I wish you luck and motivation to finish that themed post! ❤