You know how I say “better late than never” a lot, right? Well, I’m going to say it again now, because Darren @ The Arty Plantsman nominated me for this blogger award a good month ago! Thanks very much for the nomination, Darren, I really appreciate it and I finally got to writing it now. 😛
Even though I’m a little caught up with NaNoWriMo (well, a lot caught up with it, I’m supposed to be at around 38,300 words by now but I’m nowhere near there yet…), I thought this would be a good time to write this since, well, it’s my birthday today! I thought I’d write this to celebrate my uniqueness, the factors that made me possible to be here, and of course, to celebrate me for who I am! ❤
How this award works:
- Share the link of the blogger who has shown love to you by nominating you.
- Answer the questions.
- In the spirit of sharing love and solidarity with our blogging family, nominate 8-13 people for the same award.
- Ask them 3 questions.
And here we go! ✈
1. If you could return to an earlier moment in your life and change direction would you? If so -when would that be and why? What would be the downside?
Well, I won’t lie – there are certainly things I would have loved to go back and change. But to tell you the truth, if I were to change any of those, will I be a different person now? Will I still be the me that I am now?
As much as I’d like certain things to be changed, I wouldn’t exchange any of them for the world. Because I can’t change the past, but I can change the future! 🌏
2. What act of kindness are you going to perform for someone this month? Doing nothing is not an option – so get thinking! The world is messed up and it is time to push back. Even visiting a blogger who is having a hard time and saying hello is something – let us look after each other.
I’m going to do the same I usually do other months; spreading positivity through small actions like smiling at others and saying / writing nice words when interacting with others! ☀
Because, really, the world already has enough negativity as it is, so why would I want to add even more negativity to it? So instead, I’m going to add more positivity around me to offset some of that negativity! ❤
3. What was your favourite toy as a child? Do you still have it?
I had a whole bunch of favourite toys! Unlike little girls who usually had Barbie dolls, I played with:
- Lego; I had the whole suitcase-like box to myself and could build anything I wanted (short of a castle because I didn’t have enough pieces!). 🏙
- Dinosaur figurines; I grew up with a fascination for dinosaurs. 🐲
- A toy car; I think it was a Ferrari? It was a bright red sports car, with doors that could open! Though it was too small to fit anything inside. 🏎
I even learned a bit of origami (Japanese folding paper art) and made my toys a few paper crane friends, and I’d make up stories on my desk! I think that was when I first started writing stories. 😆
Sadly I no longer have them, as my family moved many times and they were given away during one of the moves. 🙁
I’m so tempted to steal Darren’s questions because they’re interesting! But instead I’m going to work for my award and give you three questions that aren’t, well, stolen from him. 😛
- What is the most unique thing about you?
- What are your achievements this year?
- What is the best blog post you’ve written in your opinion and what are the reasons you’re proud of it?
🎊🎉🎈 Congratulations! 🎈🎉🎊
You have been nominated for the
Unique Blogger Award!
Yes, this time I’m nominating YOU who are reading this for the Unique Blogger Award!
Before you say this is a cheating move (I suppose technically it is 😆), here’s my reasoning: every one of us is unique in our talents, experiences, thinking, everything! Even if you were to blog about the same thing as the next person, the way you write them and piece your thoughts together are different. What you have now is what makes you unique from others, and for that I nominate you. ❤
Of course, it’s not compulsory; you’re free not to do this for any reason (or even no reason!) at all. 😀
Hope you enjoyed reading this, and if you do take part in the Unique Blogger Award, do link your post back here so that I could read them!
A Short Self-Compassionate Letter
I love how you’re celebrating you for being just you! 🎊🎉🎈🎂🎈🎉🎊