Whoo hoo! I have been nominated by Manal a.k.a. iamthatgirl23 @ Sensible Nonsense! She has an interesting way of nominating people; anyone who likes and/or comments on her award nomination post gets nominated… and I got caught because I did both. 😆 Thanks for the nomination, Manal, I really appreciate it! ❤
This award are for those who have a real neat blog! (Captain Obvious. 😛) Those participating should:
- Put the award logo on your blog
- Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs
- Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you
- Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs
- Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog, etc)
- Ask your nominees 7 questions
Without further ado, let’s start! 😀
1. What is your main inspiration as a writer? Which writers inspire you, and why do you write?
I write because I love a good story! I want to follow the characters on their journey, to laugh and cry with them, to grow together with them.. well, you could argue that I can achieve the same by reading good books, but it’s just not the same – I like a lot of books, but it’s hard to find that one book that really resonates with me on every level, including the writing style, so I’m taking the matter into my own hands! 😀
The main kind of stories I write now novelisations of older video games; I think many of these games have incredible storylines, just not executed well (some of the dialogues are really awkward especially after being translated from Japanese to English). My novelisations are the fruitation of the story potential I see when I play the games, and that’s really inspiring (when I do get to the ending 😆).
One of the writers that inspire me is Roald Dahl; he wrote a lot of children’s books like Matilda, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The Witches, James and the Giant Peach, and the BFG, all of them on my list of favourite books! His stories are always about heartwarming kindness and emotional strength above adversary and difficulty, and his motto was:
“My candle burns at both ends
It will not last the night
But oh my foes and oh my friends
It gives a lovely light”
That’s nice. 😀
2. If you were stranded on an island with one time what would it be?
A bright, cool morning; bright enough to see everything, cool enough to enjoy because I get cranky when it’s too hot. 😆
3. If you could travel anywhere in the world right now where would you go?
Wherever my husband is! For me, it doesn’t matter where I am as long as I have him with me. ❤
Though it’ll be nice if it’s somewhere relaxing and peaceful. 😀
4. What is more important to you, self-love or health?
I’d say self-love, because it’s more important to me to have self-love and not-fantastic health, instead of fantastic health but no self-love. ❤
5. If you had to eat a food every single meal for the rest of your life what would it be?
Okay, that’s tough considering my food choice changes with my mood! So I’m not going to answer that. 😆
6. What is one thing you truly regret on a deeply profound level and wish you could change? Or are you at peace with everything?
I wouldn’t say that I don’t have any regrets; I do have some, but what’s done is done and worry about it wouldn’t do anything to me. I want to and am working on being at peace with everything. ❤
7. What are you most grateful for in life?
That I have a generally lucky, easy life! I do have a few stresses and conflicts here and there, but things generally flow easily for me. 😀
I’m going to steal some of Manal’s questions, because they’re cool. 😆
- What is your main inspiration as a writer? Which writers inspire you, and why do you write?
- What is your favourite scene(s) from a book / movie / comic / any other media?
- What is your favourite book genre(s)?
- What do you do to get into a writing mood before a writing session?
- Which character (from any media) would you be best friends with?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world right now where would you go?
- What is one thing you truly regret on a deeply profound level and wish you could change? Or are you at peace with everything?
Do note that this isn’t compulsory! Feel free to not participate for any reason; I promise I won’t mind. 😀
- Dominic Sceski @ The Golden Lands
- Barb Caffrey @ Barb Caffrey’s Blog
- Jessica Bakkers
- Kari Lynn M @ iKariLynn
Hope you like my answers! ❤
A Short Self-Compassionate Letter
It’s wonderful that you got yet another blogger award, and that you’re willing to share more about yourself. ❤